LEON MEDI CONNECT™
Leon Medi Connect™ Access
Leon Medi Connect™ is an Internet application that allows a patient to have secure web-based access to matters relating to the patient’s health care from Leon Medical Centers, including access to a portion of his or her electronic medical record. It also provides a patient with a convenient method for communicating with Leon Medical Centers for non-urgent messages. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Leon Medi Connect™ provides the following services to patients through its web-based portal:
- *Requesting an appointment, including requesting a change in a previously scheduled appointment;
- *Accessing and reviewing selected portions of your electronic medical record such as medical histories, medications, recent visits, etc.;
- *Receiving selected laboratory diagnostic and procedure results;
- *Communicating with Leon Medical Centers physicians and other healthcare employees regarding healthcare matters;
- *Requesting prescription refills and renewals; and
- *Linking to other web-based clinical information sites.
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of the following terms and conditions by you is required to access Leon Medi Connect™:
- *You understand and agree that Leon Medi Connect™ is offered by Leon Medical Centers as a convenience and courtesy to its patients. Leon Medical Centers reserves the right to terminate Leon Medi Connect™ at any time for any reason. In addition, access may not always otherwise be available (for example, in the event of system maintenance or failure). Your use of the service is optional and will not affect your status as a patient of Leon Medical Centers.
- *Once you enroll in Leon Medi Connect™, you may receive physician messages, test results, and other communications from Leon Medical Centers through the web-based portal. In such cases, you will not likely receive duplicative written information.
- *Leon Medical Centers makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the health information provided through Leon Medi Connect™, including information linked to other websites, or its suitability for use for your health care.
- *Your [login name and password] are known only by you and whoever you tell. It is your responsibility to keep your health information provided through Leon Medi Connect™ confidential and private. For that reason, you should consider changing your password on a regular basis. Any health information provided through Leon Medi Connect™ that you share with others, intentionally or unintentionally, is your responsibility.
- *You understand and agree that your messages sent through Leon Medi Connect™ may be received by Leon Medical Centers personnel other than your physician. For that reason, you may not want to use Leon Medi Connect™ for messages that are very sensitive or intended only for your physician.
- *It may take Leon Medical Centers several days to respond to a message sent through Leon Medi Connect™. Do not use Leon Medi Connect™ to send messages in emergency situations or under circumstances otherwise requiring immediate attention.
- *You may disenroll from Leon Medi Connect™ at any time by calling Leon Medical Centers Customer Service at 305-642-5366.
- *If Leon Medical Centers determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated these terms and conditions or otherwise abused the use of Leon Medi Connect™, Leon Medical Centers can discontinue your access and use, in which case you will be notified.